SMT processing has a wide range of advantages. The most important thing is their small size and light weight. In addition, some other advantages of SMT chip assembly (surface mount technology, also known as surface mount technology) include:
1. Rapid production - circuit boards do not need to be drilled for assembly, which means production is much faster.
2. Higher circuit speed - in fact, this is one of the main reasons why SMT has become the preferred technology today.
3. Manufacturing automation - it helps achieve automation and many of its benefits.
4. Cost - the cost of small-size components is usually lower than that of through-hole components.
5. Density - they allow more components to be placed on both sides of the PCBA board.
6. Design flexibility - through holes can be combined with PCBA assembly and manufacturing to provide more powerful functions.
7. Improved performance - SMT connections are more reliable, so circuit boards help improve performance.